Marketing for a global energy leader
Innovation continues at EATON, one of the world leaders in electrical and hydraulic energy. CVS Marketing accompanies the launch in France of the latest range of Fire Safety Systems to the Distributor Partners. A review of a successful collaboration with the client’s teams.
Gap in resources for marketing project management
France not yet in lockdown, mid-February 2020, the Irish headquarters of this global group contacts us via our web form. In less than 24 hours, a telephone interview is organized with the Marketing Department based in Ireland.
The objective of this meeting is to frame a fixed-price mission with specific deliverables for the launch on the French market of a range of attack-intrusion warning devices that are now compulsory within ERP in France as part of the Plan Particulier de Mise en Sûreté (PPMS).
The specificity of this project is to adapt this new range of fire safety products to the French market, taking into account the recent French regulations. Among other things, all the marketing documentation for the sales force and resellers had to be adapted before the products were launched.
The Customer’s request is both :
- to consult with the local marketing teams, Product Manager, Channel Marketing and Market Manager, located in Paris and Auvergne to ensure the contribution of each on all the different media, and
- to collaborate with the Head Office in Ireland for the validation of all marketing materials.
- A deadline of 8 weeks is required for the delivery of the elements. A good management of the project within the deadlines and with the required quality are the imperatives.
The issue :
Launch the range before the PPMS installation work in schools closed for the summer
The challenge is to provide sales representatives, resellers and their installer customers with all the information they need to market the products before summer 2020.
An important commercial objective is set by the Management for the sale of these PPMS alarm systems to a target of retailers (SONEPAR, REXEL…) themselves distributors of SSI installers. The installation work must be carried out with minimal disruption to school time, during the summer vacations. All schools under 200m² in France, i.e. the vast majority, are concerned. To date, less than 50 % of them are equipped with PPMS (compulsory) intruder alarm systems.
The solution :
Value proposition and declination on various supports by CVS Marketing
CVS Marketing ensured the formalization of the value proposition for the French market and its implementation on a few channels :
- Design and writing of the internal sales presentation : arguments, key points, product references, positioning etc.
- Design and writing of the battle card, including the value proposition, the competitive benchmark, responses to objections, etc.
- Graphic design of the product data sheet, in collaboration with the Product Manager
- Design, writing of the landing page and optimization of the natural referencing (SEO)
- Design, writing of product web pages, in accordance with the guidelines of the headquarters
- Search for visuals on the company’s sharepoint, using the group’s graphic charter
- Writing of the press release
- Design of a video storyboard and development of the introduction video.
CVS Marketing provided project management, conference calls with client team members and validation with the Group. The benefits to EATON :
- Experience in international multi-team project management (in English / French)
- Precision and quality in the design of the supports to the specificities of the Customer
- Tailor-made all inclusive : sales, marketing and marcomms.
The + for the Customer
For this very satisfied customer, CVS Marketing is proud to have accompanied a second product launch in November 2020. This product, an operating repeater board, in charge of reporting the status of the fire safety system in ERP (Hospitals, EHPAD…), is now starting to be marketed in France. A presentation video has been created for the occasion, as well as digital commercial supports. Good sales to this specialist in the service of the safety of people and goods.